The INCU Baku Regional Office jointly with the Academy of the State Customs Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the State Customs Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan organized the 2nd INCU International Student Conference with the theme “Contemporary Issues and Challenges in Customs Management”, which was held from 3 to 7 July 2017 in Gusar, Azerbaijan.
One of the aims of the conference was to provide a platform for sharing research findings, exchanging experiences and developing professional networks and collaborative relationships among the participants including teaching, training and conducting scientific research in the field of Customs.
More than 150 delegates from over 30 countries and representatives of four international organisations attended the conference including two Nobel Prize Laureattes in Economics, Prof Christopher Pissarides and Prof Edward Prescott.
The conference included 6 plenary sessions with some 60 presentations delivered over a 3-day period on a range of topics including:
- Role of customs management in trade facilitation
- International practice in customs legislation modernization
- Best practices in customs
- Digital Customs/e-Customs, e-trade and customs data analysis
- Knowledge-based customs education (skills and competencies, etc)
- Customs to Business partnership.