INCU is a Core Partner of the Global Facilitation Partnership for Transportation and Trade.
To increase its engagement with a broad cross-section of the international community and support the efforts of the international community in promoting and enhancing international trade facilitation, the INCU has become a Core Partner of the Global Facilitation Partnership for Transportation and Trade (GFP).
The GFP aims at pulling together all interested parties, public and private, national and international, who want to help achieve significant improvements in transport and trade facilitation. The Partners have together agreed to design and undertake specific programs towards meeting this objective, making use of their respective comparative advantage in the subject matter in a coordinated fashion.
As a GFP Core Partner, the INCU is committed to supporting the objectives of the GFP by:
- providing intellectual collaboration on research and development programs related to the GFP purpose;
- contributing to the development of a comprehensive framework of transport and trade facilitation benchmarks;
- sharing and dissemination of knowledge regarding the various GFP topics, and posting relevant documents on the GFP website;
- contributing to any commonly agreed initiative aimed at promoting trade and transport facilitation through education, training and targeted technical assistance activities;
- contributing to the design and implementation of suitable capacity building programs; and
- contributing to the development and implementation of trade facilitation norms, standards, strategies and instruments to enhance the efficient flow of information throughout the entire trade transaction process.
Among other things, INCU regularly shares information and resources relating to aspects of transport and trade facilitation through the GFP website. The website is maintained by the GFP Core Partners and informs both on GFP partner activities and other important trade facilitation events worldwide.