INCU organises and participates in various events and conferences including those organised by INCU itself and those organised by our partners, members and affiliates.
"INCU In Conversation With" Seminar Series
The INCU is pleased to announce the launch of new online seminar series called “INCU in conversation with”. These seminars series focus on various current and fundamental customs topics and will feature prominent guest speakers. The seminars typically run for 60 minutes including presentation and discussion with the audience and are open to INCU members free of charge. The following seminars have been held to date:
- In Conversation with Dominik Schnichels, Director of Customs Directorate of TAXUD – “Current developments in the European Customs Union.”
- In Conversation with Valentina Ferraro & Maka Khvedelidze, WCO – “Performance measurement in Customs and key performance indicators (KPIs).”
- In Conversation with Virginie Bohl, Coordinator of IMPACCT Working Group – “Customs and Its Role in Disaster Relief Operations. IMPACCT Activities and How to Lend Input.”
- In Conversation with Steven Pope, DPDHL – “GoTrade: Why private sector companies might want to invest in developing trade and customs capacity?”
- In Conversation with Poul Hansen, UNCTAD – “Do National Trade Facilitation Committees work?”
- In Conversation with Sue Probert, Chair UN/CEFACT – “International Standards for Global Trade Data Harmonisation”
- In Conversation with Uwe Liebschner, Chairman of IPCSA Customs Committee – “Latest developments in Port Community Systems and issues relevant to Customs”
- In Conversation with Mohammad Saeed, International Trade Center – “Are the needs of SME businesses well enough articulated in trade and customs policy?”
- In Conversation with Innocent Muranganwa, Zimbabwe Customs – “How Trade Facilitation Can Help to Curb Corruption? A Case Study from Zimbabwe”
- In Conversation with Rebecca Harcourt, WCJ and Mikhail Kashubsky, INCU – “Publishing in the World Customs Journal and Raising the Journal’s Ranking”
- In Conversation with Jan Hoffman, UNCTAD – “Post-COVID Trends in the International Supply Chain”
- In Conversation with Amber McKinley, Charles Sturt University “Impact of Trauma on Victims and Witnesses Involved in Human Trafficking” [Watch on INCU Youtube]
The future additional seminars are being planned for the rest of 2023 and beyond. INCU members receive invitations and registration details by email.
Our last seminar, INCU In Conversation with Amber McKinley, Charles Sturt University “Impact of Trauma on Victims and Witnesses Involved in Human Trafficking” was held on 18 July 2023, and the video recording of it is now available on the INCU’s Youtube Channel.
The future additional seminars are being planned for the rest of 2023 and beyond, to which we will be sending invitations in due course.
Events of INCU Members, Affiliates and Partners
- 3rd WCO RTC Indonesia International Conference “Customs Role in Sutainability and Digital Economy” 7-8 November 2023; Jakarta, Indonesia and Online.
- 3rd WCO Global Origin Conference “Building Trust in the Origin Environment” 8-9 November 2023; Santiago, Chile.
- Azerbaijan State Customs Committee and Azerbaijan Customs Academy International Conference “Heydar Aliyev’s TRACECA Initiative, Middle Corridor and International Trade” 16-17 November 2023; Baku, Azerbaijan.
- This information is currently being updated.