From 18 to 26 January 2017, the INCU Baku Regional Office held its second Winter School and Internship/Fellowship 2017 in Baku, Azerbaijan.
The 8-day Winter School 2017 program included three 2-day workshops, work in the Baku Regional Office, visits to the WCO European Regional Office for Capacity Building (ROCB) and Azerbaijan Customs Academy, as well as social and cultural activities.
The three workshops were hosted by the WCO European ROCB and focused on the following topics:
- Tariff Classification and Preferential and Non Preferential-Preferential Rules of Origin from the Industry Perspective;
- International Trade Transactions and Documentation; and
- Machine and Human Intelligence: Threat Detection Awareness and Non-Verbal Behavioural Analysis in the Border Environment.
Participants in the program included students and lecturers from the United States (Centre for Information Convergence and Strategy at San Diego State University and Sentir Global), Russia (North-Western Institute of Management), Azerbaijan (Baku Higher Oil School, Azerbaijan Customs Academy, State Customs Committee of Azerbaijan), Italy (Easy Frontier and Federation of the Italian Association of Mechanical and Engineering Industries) and Australia (Centre for Customs and Excise Studies, Charles Sturt University).
The Official Closing of the INCU Baku Regional Office Winter School and Internship/Fellowship 2017 program was held on 26 January 2017, which coincided with International Customs Day celebrations, and it took place at the WCO European ROCB.
- Baku Regional Office Winter School 2017 Program
- Course Overview – Tariff Classification and Preferential and Non Preferential-Preferential Rules of Origin from the Industry Perspective
- Course Overview – International Trade Transactions and Documentation
- Course Overview – Machine and Human Intelligence: Threat Detection Awareness and Non-Verbal Behavioural Analysis in the Border Environment