INCU Management Committee Member, Prof. Wes Czyzowicz participated in the 5th Annual i-Customs International Youth Conference organised by an INCU Affiliate, Institute of International Business and Law of ITMO University, that was held from 24 to 26 May 2018 in Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
The theme of the conference was “International Business and Customs Regulation” and it covered a range of topics including:
- reliable business environment for economic development;
- customs in the context of globalization and regionalization;
- WCO and its role in improving customs law;
- Revised Kyoto Convention – Model of the Universal Customs Code;
- professional standards in the field of international trade;
- customs and business: problems of cooperation;
- morality in international trade – in business and in customs; and
- best practices of international student studies.
The objective of the annual i-Customs International Youth Conference is to provide a platform and a community for students from different countries who are studying international trade and customs issues to collaborate and engage with each other through various activities and projects such as active discussions, participation in scientific research, practical work based international experience.
Prof. Wes Czyzowicz is a Scientific Supervisor of the i-Customs Youth Conference and regularly participates in these conferences.