We are delighted to announce that the INCU has entered into partnership with the Global Trade Development Week (GTDW) and has joined the GTDW Advisory Council.
The GTDW Advisory Council is a top level, inter-disciplinary policy group that deliberates on key subjects related to the overall themes of GTDW with a view to influencing global thinking on the topics and steering the direction of the GTDW conferences and defining outcomes.
Dr Mikhail Kashubsky, Head of INCU Secretariat will represent INCU on the GTDW Advisory Council.
The current members of the GTDW Council are as follows and additional members are expected to join the Council:
- United Nations Conference on Trade & Development (UNCTAD) – represented by Dr Jan Hoffmann, Chief, Trade Logistics Branch, Division on Technology and Logistics
- International Trade Centre (ITC) – represented Dr Mohammed Saeed, Head Trade Facilitation
- International Network of Customs Universities (INCU) – represented by Dr Mikhail Kashubsky, Head of Secretariat
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) – represented by Mr Glyn Hughes, Global Head of Cargo
- KGH Border Services – represented by Mr Lars Karlsson, President
- Luna Global Consulting – represented by Mr David Luna, President
- Ministry of Economy UAE – represented by Ms Ayesha Alkobaisi, Director International Policy and Trade Organisations
- Global Trade Development Week – represented by Mr Andrew Keable, CEO, KW Group & GTDW Organiser
The first meeting of the GTDW Advisory Council will be held on 2 and 3 July 2018 at the GTDW in Shanghai, China. The second Advisory Council meeting will take place 20-22 November 2018 at the GTDW in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The GTDW is a fast-growing dynamic platform customs and trade. The INCU believes that this partnership with the GTDW will be beneficial to the INCU and its members. It will provide INCU with greater exposure to the international trading community beyond academia, help to promote the INCU brand, provide the opportunity to contribute and strengthen the academic and research elements of the GTDW, and will also provide an opportunity for INCU members to deliver workshops and present their research findings at GTDW regional conferences.